What is Kiwifruit?
Kiwifruit or Kiwi is originated from Northern China. It is also known as Chinese Gooseberry. Kiwifruit belongs to Actinidia geneus. Chinese people used this for the medical purposes. In the 20th century this fruit comes to the New Zealand and they start farming it for the commercial purpose later they changed its name to Kiwi in the name of their national bird “Kiwi”.
Season of Kiwi fruit in India is from October- December.
Kiwifruit generally grows in cooler temperate it requires below 45 degree F temperatures in winter.
In India, its farming is done in cooler regions such as Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim,
Jammu and Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, and the Nilgiri Hills.
Image Source: Flower Picture Gallery
Kiwifruit Nutrition Facts
Kiwi fruit is a very rich source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K and it contains moderate amount of Vitamin E. Kiwi fruit has numerous health, skin, hair benefits. Kiwifruit is good at providing antioxidant protection.
Below is the detailed nutritional chart of Kiwi fruit.
How to Eat Kiwifruit?
You can eat kiwifruit plain directly by cutting it in half and use the spoon to eat the scoop. You can also make kiwi smoothies, Jams or can eat in salads.
Benefits of eating Kiwifruit
- As kiwifruit is the rich source of vitamin C it acts as a powerful antioxidant which remove all the free radicals which causes inflammation or cancer.
- Eating kiwifruit can help in boosting immunity
- Kiwifruit helps in food digestion because it contains the actinidain which is a protein dissolving enzyme.
- Consuming Kiwi fruit can help to manage blood pressure.
- Having kiwifruit daily can protect the eyes from vision loss.
- Kiwi not only helps in managing blood pressure it also reduces blood clotting.
Kiwifruit Benefits for Skin
- Kiwifruit is a rich source of vitamin C, so it acts as skin healer. If skin gets cut or scratches kiwi helps to heal the wound faster.
- Kiwifruit prevents skin from sun damage. Kiwi is high rich source of Vitamin C and amino acids which saves skin from any kind of sun damage.
- Kiwifruit is great facial cleanser. It protects the skin from harmful radicals and helps in maintaining the natural pH balance.
- Scrub the kiwi peel on your face it will make the skin perfect and smooth by exfoliating the dead skin
- Kiwifruit is rich in many nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E and antioxidants which boosts and rejuvenate skin.
- Eating kiwifruit daily can improve your skin texture and glow.
- It slows down the ageing process.
Read More: 10 DIY Homemade Beauty Tips For Glowing Skin
Kiwifruit Benefits for Weight Loss
Kiwi is very low calorie fruit which is good for healthy diet and weight loss. This fruit contains many nutrients and helps to maintain blood pressure and digestions.
Hope you will find this article useful. Do let us know in the comment section.